New to the Charity Challenge?
Calgary Drop-In Centre's vision is a community where everyone can find their home.
The Calgary Drop-In Centre welcomes those who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness in our city. Working collaboratively, we provide access to a spectrum of care that supports each person's transition to the most independent living possible; this includes emergency shelter, nutritious meals, medical care as well as affordable and supported housing.
To this end:
- We provide 24/7 low-barrier emergency shelter and support.
- We offer access round-the-clock medical care including COVID-19 testing and vaccination. We own and operate mixed-market housing buildings.
- We engage and educate the community about how to help.
- We provide services and support to help people into their own homes and stay housed.
- We provide accessible clothing, household goods, and computers.
- We ask, “What does it take to help a person or family make a new dwelling into a true home?”
For more information and/or to book opportunities:
Email: Christopher Kavanagh (firstname.lastname@example.org)