May 12, 2021
Join Our Team! Job Opportunity: Events Assistant
We’re a pretty cool group of professionals running a non-profit corporate event organization. Want to join our team? Keep reading!
Dave Ford | Executive Director
Calgary Corporate Challenge is hiring for two Events Assistant positions this year, funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Position: Events Assistant
# of Positions: 2
Type: Contract (13 weeks)
Start Date: July 5, 2021 (Flexible start date possible)
End Date: October 1, 2021
Salary: This is an entry-level position. Remuneration will be $18.50/hr.
Schedule: Part-time hours Monday - Friday (20 hours/week)
*Some evening and weekend availability will be required*
Application Deadline: Sunday, June 6, 11:59 p.m.
As these positions are funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program, all candidates must be 30 years of age or younger at the start of the contract and must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
What We Do
Calgary Corporate Challenge is a nonprofit events company aimed at elevating the experience of working Calgarians while providing the largest scale employee engagement event in Canada. CCC runs several events throughout each year, including our headlining event: the CCC September Games. The CCC Games boasts over 10,000 participants from 160+ local companies for 16 days of cross-industry networking and team-building events.
Who We Are
We’re a small team, and as is often the case with small companies, we all tend to wear a lot of hats (figuratively speaking). We work closely and collaboratively as a team on most projects and events, and we genuinely have a good time doing it. Our slogan is, “Where Work Comes to Play”, and we do our best to live out that motto!
What We’re Looking For
- Individuals with knowledge of (and preferably a degree in) Event Planning and/or Sport Management, Health and Wellness or a related field who are looking to gain meaningful work experience in the world of event planning, in the nonprofit sector, and/or in sports event management.
- A self-starter who is highly motivated, dependable and organized. The right candidate will possess exceptional communication skills, and a strong work AND play ethic.
- Someone with proficiency in spreadsheets and scheduling. (How well can you Excel?) You will assist with inputting and reviewing event-specific schedules.
- Must have access to working internet, a computer and a phone. Work meetings will take place over video conferencing for the time being (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.)
- Preferred: Current CPR & First Aid Certification
Please note: Calgary Corporate Challenge has an open hiring policy, and this position will be open to applications from any person regardless of race, creed, gender identity or religion. This position is part of the Canada Summer Jobs program and is thus open to applicants between the ages of 18 and 30 at the start of employment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- General administrative duties. Think scheduling.
- Communicating with a variety of stakeholder groups including sponsors, charity partners, participants and volunteers through email, in meetings, and at events.
- Assisting with creating detailed event plans for all events that will take place during the CCC Games.
- Highlighting CCC on Social Media up to and throughout the CCC Games.
- Working with volunteers and assisting them as needed.
- Assisting with hosting and running virtual CCC events taking place within the timeframe of the contract.
Send us your resume along with a cover letter telling us a little bit about yourself. We want to know the somewhat important stuff like what skills and experience you have and what you’re hoping to learn through this experience, but we also want to know the really important stuff like which sports teams you cheer for and what your favourite kind of doughnut is. Yes, really. We have a spreadsheet going.
Email is the best way to get in touch. See contact info below:
Dave Ford, Executive Director - firstname.lastname@example.org