Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about The Games? We have answers.
In the simplest of terms, CCC itself is an events company that plans and delivers dozens of cross-industry networking and corporate team building events every year. The September Games are basically our crown jewel and the only of our offerings that requires that people participate with and through their employer.
The clue is in the name: September! The September Games typically start on the Friday after Labour Day and celebrate the Final Day of the Games 16 days later.
The action happens outside typical work hours during the evenings and weekends, with the exception of optional events that may go down over the lunch hour.
CCC remains cautiously optimistic but will continue to closely monitor the situation and restrictions in regards to the ongoing pandemic. With this in mind, we have outlined some terms to safeguard your company's registration this year:
- Calgary Corporate Challenge does not guarantee the inclusion of any single specific event as part of the 2021 September Games and will not honour refund requests based on the exclusion of any one event or combination of events.
- Calgary Corporate Challenge will do everything reasonably within its power to deliver a reasonably expected 2021 September Games experience. The list of planned events will be made available on or before February 1, 2021, to be confirmed on May 1, 2021. A “reasonably expected 2021 September Games experience” will include the following:
1) 20 or more sports/games events, including 12 or more in-person, physical sports/games events
2) A Charity Challenge event, including points to be earned
3) A CEO Challenge event, including points to be earned
4) An overall points structure, including trophies for companies who finish in the top-three spots in each division
- In the event that Calgary Corporate Challenge should decide that it is unsafe or infeasible to attempt to deliver a reasonably expected 2021 September Games experience on May 1, 2021, all registered companies will be asked to choose between the following options:
1) Receive a full refund of all fees paid (minus any processing fees)
2) Receive a partial refund of all fees paid (amount TBD) and participate in an alternative September Games experience
A tentative schedule of events is typically made available by the end of May each year.
Usually we open registration in November and offer Early Bird prices until January 31. From February on, regular registration will remain open until we reach capacity or until March 31.
We only have the capacity to accept 25-30 new-to-CCC companies each year, so act fast!
Less than you’d think! New companies pay just $999 plus GST and processing fees to Get in the (September) Games. Returning companies pay according to their total eligible employee count in Calgary & Area.
Registration prices for the 2021 Games (including GST and credit card processing fees) for returning companies:
- 1-49 employees - $1500
- 50-99 employees - $1875
- 100-199 employees - $2250
- 200-299 employees - $2625
- 300-499 employees - $3000
- 500-999 employees - $3375
- 1000+ employees - $3750
Our off-season events will be priced individually.
Registering for the CCC September Games can be done on our company dashboard, a backstage pass to our website for our Company Captains. The fees that are charged for registration cover a company’s participation in the September Games. Any expense outside of this (company t-shirts, practices, kickoff parties, performance-enhancing snacks*) is totally optional and at the discretion of each participant or company.
If the online payment option doesn’t strike your fancy, you can email us to request an invoice and pay by cheque.
We thought you'd never ask! If you'd like to pay by credit card online, follow these steps:
- Head over to our company dashboard (you'll want to bookmark this page as it will become the hub for your company's activity leading up to and during the September Games).
- Click "New Company?" and follow the prompts.*
- Once you are logged in, Register your Company. Please enter your company name as it should be displayed on all outgoing communications moving forward. Also, be sure to enter an accurate number of employees (this can be updated as needed). If your company has participated in the past but did not participate in 2019, please select "No".
- Don't miss the Games! Click "Register" and enter your credit card information (as mentioned, the fee includes GST and a 3% credit card processing fee).
- Voila! You're in the Games! Stay tuned for more information. If you are champing at the bit to learn more, however, feel free to contact us!
If you work better with visuals, you're in luck: Registering for the September Games.
*Typically the email confirmation arrives within a few minutes. If it doesn't:
1) Check your junk mail folder.
2) Check with your company's IT department, sometimes the email is flagged.
The Charity Challenge is an optional undertaking leading up to and throughout the CCC September Games. The Charity Challenge begins on March 1 and ends on the final day of the Games. If they opt to, companies can earn points toward their totals in the September Games which absolutely can determine final standings.
CCC partners with 10 local charities and each of these groups puts forth 5 Giving Opportunities, ranging from volunteer opportunities and in-office learning experiences, to requests for tangible and monetary donations.
a) Purple Division say whaaaat?
As a new-to-CCC company, you’ll participate in our Purple Division against 25 to 30 other newbies. In this division, you'll get access to 11 of the sports and games that we offer for the Games, as well as all charity Giving Opportunities and social events. 11 sound like a lot? It can be. Don’t worry, your company can choose to take on as many or as few of these 11 activities as you wish. Double-don’t worry: this selection process doesn't take place until June, so you aren’t expected to have this figured out when you register for the Games.
To secure your company's spot, you can register online for just $999 (plus GST and processing fees) which covers your participation in up to 11 events, or send us an email to request an invoice to submit your payment by cheque. These spots fill like the griddles that produce hotcakes, so don’t delay.
b) Purple not your favourite colour?
Companies who are looking to bypass their rookie year in the Purple Division and access all 20+ events can do so through sponsorship. Interested in knowing more? Get in touch with us (email@example.com)!
c) What should our company expect?
CCC will work closely with individuals at your company to help you get organized, prepare for the Games and have a successful first year. We recommend assigning 2-4 leads within your company to spearhead these efforts; we call these people “Company Captains”.
All communications from CCC will be sent out to Company Captains who will be responsible to get the information to others at their company (social committee, team captains, participants, etc). The staff team at CCC can also be booked for Lunch & Learns or meetings with your Company Captains group. Just get in touch!
Nachos are life. We’re actively pursuing nacho sponsors. Also, perhaps a Pepto sponsor.